An Insight in Building a Food Delivery App like Zomato or Uber Eats for your business
The food delivery business has shown a potential increase in its revenue in recent years. Apps like Uber Eats and Zomato are proven success models. If you run a food business you should consider the option of having a customized app that can benefit you in terms of revenue and promotions. This technological leap would allow your expertise to reach your customers.
Let’s try to understand how technology bridges the gap of your product from your customers. This blog aims to improve the understanding of the Food Delivery App Development process.
Let’s get a glimpse of a few relatable statistics.
- 60% of US users order takeout at least once a week.
- 34% of users spend at least 50 USD/per order when ordering online.
- Delivery ordering has increased by 300% when compared to dine-in traffic in 2014.
- 59% of orders from Millenials are take-aways.
- Customers ordering online have a 67% chance of visiting that restaurant as opposed to those who don’t.
- Smartphones and mobile apps will contribute to 38 billion USD by the end of 2020.
- The global online food delivery business is expected to grow at a rate of 3.61% in 2020.
- It would reach a whopping 111.32 billion USD from 107.44 billion USD in 2019.
- By 2023, it’s expected to grow and reach 154.34 billion USD at a CAGR of 11.51%.
The numbers show signs of a promising future with the Food Delivery App Business. The primary question that remains is Why should one put in the efforts to make this technological shift?
- The preceding numbers indicate that these services have built their audience and are serving quality food at their comfort.
- Millennials like to experience the convenience of food delivery from their favorite place at their desired time.
- Word-of-mouth publicity is time-consuming. Technology helps your niche crowd find your food services through digital promotions.
- One can pitch in other businesses once they develop a fan base for their services.
- Updating your business with the required technological boost will help you stay on the map with the world’s technological advances.
We at Technource provide software solutions, meticulously designed to cater to our client’s needs. Our decade-long experience has helped us build our expertise in providing app and web solutions to a variety of businesses.
Let’s focus on the prominent question. How to build a food delivery app like Uber Eats or Zomato?
How does an online food delivery app like Zomato and Uber Eats work?
To understand how to make a food delivery app one must first learn how it works. It’s as simple as conventional ordering but with a myriad of menus and places.
- Customers are provided with this buffet of restaurants from which they can browse and order.
- The chosen restaurant would be notified of the order request. They would avail themselves of the option to accept or reject it.
- The system notifies the user once their order is accepted.
- Customers can track their orders in real-time. They are provided with the details of the delivery person along with their contact number.
- The customer receives their order. And shares their experience by rating the particular restaurant or by word-of-mouth publicity.
- The platform pays the delivery person.
Food delivery apps have two paramount requirements that would ensure the proper communication of the consumer and the service provider.
- Restaurant Partners
Features of Customer Panel:
The essential features of the customer panel for web and mobile applications are:
- Sign in
- Sign up
- Browse menus
- Search restaurants
- Add/remove items
- GPS order tracking
- Order rating
- Communication Panel
- Secure payment gateway
Features of Restaurant Partners:
It’s important to learn what technological benefits this panel will serve the stakeholders.
- Menu Manager: A web app to exhibit menus, items, categories, and modifiers.
- Order Manager: A mobile app to manage all the orders while encapsulating all the services offered by stakeholders using minimum features.
Let’s see the features required to abridge the above services in an app.
- Category management
- Menu management
- Item manager
- Manage modifier
- Order history
- Store settings
- Update on store hours
- Secure Payment Gateway
- Communication Panel
- Reviews & Ratings
- User Database
It can also be built as a platform that is used by many independent Restaurant Partners to do business on. For example, Zomato, Uber Eats.
Platform Administrators own the platform and can exercise all system privileges. They can view the delivery partners, restaurant partners, orders, customers, etc, and alter permissions.
Let’s have a look at the platform administrator’s web app features.
- Manage delivery partners
- Manage restaurant partners
- Customer management
- Order management
- Data Analytics
- Financial Services
Benefits of having an online Food Delivery App like Zomato or Uber Eats for your business
- The accumulation of business of data brings new opportunities. The use of a Customer Relationship Management System (CRM) will manage
- Brand awareness – Increasing people interested in your business
- Relation-building with your existing customers.
- CRM aims to improve your relationship with customers through
- customer retention & customer acquisition.
Food delivery app development Tech Stack
Backing up your webpage or app with essential technology plays a crucial role in building a successful food delivery system.
- The user interaction and experience directly impact the number of users of your app or webpage.
- The development of apps on Android or iOS platforms is pretty much conventional.
- The development of cross-platform apps can be done using technologies such as Flutter and React Native.
- Cross-platform technologies deploy ready-to-launch products through a single codebase. This results in availing fewer developers which makes it cost-effective. To make changes in the final product you have to improve a single multi-platform code.
- This permits the app owners to upload their products on multiple platforms like Google Play Market or App Store.
- Restaurant Partners can build a universal solution while saving funds.
Food Delivery App Development Team
You can choose a Web and Mobile App Development Company that has considerable experience in building an app like Zomato and Uber Eats.
We deeply invest our time in building scalable, sustainable, and secure software solutions that cater to the client’s needs.
Our team has extensive experience in building Native Android (using JAVA/ Kotlin), Native iOS (using Swift) as well as hybrid or cross-platform apps. We have an in-depth understanding of the technology we use and recommend technologies like Ionic, Flutter, and Phonegap for cross-platform apps.
You would require the following personnel to build a platform like Uber Eats or Zomato.
- UI/UX designers
- Frontend developers
- Backend developers
- Project Manager
- QA team
Technource holds a repute for building engaging applications with intuitive UI/UX. This trait holds a great deal of importance while building a food delivery app.
We follow the Agile-Scrum Development Framework to provide our clients with timely updates on their products. This framework is a roadmap that offers our plan of action to attain our goal i.e. app or webpage development.
Your services combined with appropriate technology helps you dig deeper roots in user engagement. It’s imperative that you choose a reliable software development company in bringing your dream business online.
Why Choose Technource to Build Apps like Zomato or App like Uber Eats?
Technource has a team force that understands your projects and empowers you to build a successful app. Our team of experienced individuals excels in the following factors:
- Strong portfolio
- Developer expertise
- Cost-effective rates
- Cross-platform development
- Active Involvement
- Agile-Scrum development framework
- Effective communication
Let’s Connect to check out our Food Delivery app like Zomato/Uber Eats/DCentro demo.
+1 (780) 800-5508
+1 (302) 467-2034
+1 (780) 800-5508
+1 (302) 467-2034