Top 10 PHP Development Tools For Efficient PHP Developers in 2022
Almost all the companies have their websites today. It is because they know the importance of a website. A large number of people have access to the internet and take services online. In this case, if a company doesn’t have a website, it can’t reach numerous target audiences. If you want to use PHP for website building, you can get confused while choosing the top PHP development tools.
It is because several tools have come to the market for efficient developers. So that they can develop an effective website with less code. Since website development is crucial for your business, you should have basic knowledge about the programming language and its tools. It helps you to hire the best PHP web development company for your project.
This blog will make you aware of the top 10 PHP development tools and their features. Let’s begin the journey with knowing PHP.
What Is PHP?
Originally PHP was known as ‘Personal Home Page’. But, now people know it as PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor). It is an open-source, general-purpose scripting language. This language is used to develop websites and web applications. Moreover, it helps to build dynamic and interactive websites.
The first version of PHP came around 26 years ago. You must be thinking, it’s old and there are many other good languages apart from it. Then why are we still using it?
Get the answer to this question in the below section. Have a look.
Why Is PHP Still Popular?
“Design isn’t finished until somebody is using it.”-Brenda Laurel, Ph.D., Independent Scholar
By reading the above quote you must have understood, if a technology is still useful and relevant, then you shouldn’t ignore it. The same thing is with PHP. A lot of people think that this language is obsolete and not used in the present context. But, it’s not true.
Several famous companies and top web development services providers still use it. Facebook, Wikipedia, Tumblr, WordPress, Canva, and the list of the websites that use PHP is long. As per the data of W3Tech website, PHP is used by more than 78% of all websites with the known server-side programming language.
PHP version 7 is used by approx 70% of all the websites that use the PHP programming language. And, it stands at number three in the popularity of the website development languages. These facts must have helped you to know the answer to the question ‘Why is PHP still popular?’. Moreover, the below-given reasons will clear your remaining doubt.
- It is an easy, plain, and simple language
- Updated versions of PHP are available
- PHP is an open-source language
- It is versatile, tried & tested
- Works properly with CMS
So, it’s not true that ‘PHP is dead.’ Still, a lot of developers and companies are using it.
Several PHP development tools enhance the importance of the language. If you don’t know what the development tool is, you can face issues when you hire dedicated PHP developers.
What Are the PHP Development Tools?
PHP development tools help the developers to create a feature-rich, innovative, and engaging website and app in a short time. They can test and debug the tool effectively with them. You can use the software to create and enhance new software. PHP has some limitations, but with the help of PHP development tools, the developers can overcome these limitations.
There are two types of tools: the first IDE and the second is a text editor. Let’s know about both one by one for clarity.
What Is an IDE?
IDE is an acronym for ‘Integrated Development Environment’. It has some basic tools that a developer needs to build and test a website.
During the software and website development cycle several tasks are performed. And if a developer uses a different tool every time for each task, he will end up wasting all his time and energy.
So, there is a need to have an environment for development that has consolidated tools. And IDE offers that environment.
What Is a Text Editor?
It is used to edit the text, especially programming language files. The commonly used text editors are notepad and Wordpad. Although the text editors are not directly related to programming language, they work with the frameworks.
You can perform basic editing such as copy, cut, paste, and undo with the help of text editors.
Both types of tools have their importance. Likewise, the text editor is a simple tool, while IDE is a full-fledged software environment. You can select the best PHP frameworks if you know about the tool type.
Here are the best examples of PHP development tools for efficient developers.
10 Best PHP Development Tools in 2022
- Zend Studio
- Cloud 9
- Sublime Text
Let’s read about these tools one by one.
- It is the best PHP IDE tool choice for most PHP developers.
- Some frameworks like Zend, Yii, Laravel, CakePHP, and others work effectively with this tool.
- It is fast, smooth, and lightweight. The best CakePHP web development company discusses this tool with the client.
- This IDE is from the Codelobster software firm.
- Many development companies use it because it supports a wide range of PHP frameworks such as Laravel, Codeigniter, Joomla, and Drupal.
- It proves effective for the developers of Laravel web development company.
- As the name implies, it’s a PHP debugger, and it can run on any project.
- It can monitor network traffic, inspect CSS elements, and handle AJAX requests.
- PHP debugger has a fast and easy-to-use interface.
- It supports languages such as Ruby, .Net, and Java other than PHP.
- Till now, it supports PHP version 5.5
- It can be the best option for profiling data from different web applications.
- It has features to support multiple languages.
- Initially, this IDE was used only for Java, but now it is widely used in PHP web development also.
- It is lightweight, supportive, and faster.
- Netbeans also supports languages like Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Apart English.
- The developers don’t have to give much time and energy to use this web development tool.
- With the help of Eclipse plugins, the developers can extend the Zend Studio tool.
- Indexing and searching PHP code is easy in the tool.
- Provides faster performance in the validation.
- Cloud 9 IDE was initially open source.
- It is a cloud-based PHP web development tool. Thus you can access your projects from anywhere. You only need a good internet connection.
- It has features like browser compatibility testing and live-preview.
- This tool allows you to create serverless apps, define resources, and debug at the remote.
- Real-time language analysis makes it different from other tools.
- It has a built-in image editor and code reformatting feature.
- It is available free as it’s an open-source platform.
- You can simplify the complex PHP code using this tool.
- Eclipse offers a broad range of Plugins and uses the best web development frameworks like Eclipse Modeling Framework.
- It highlights the syntax.
- Offers easy formatting of code.
- Eclipse allows code navigation also.
- It is a leading PHP code editor software among a wide range of developers.
- This tool is a cross-platform source code editor.
- It supports various programming languages and mark-up languages as well.
- You can split editing in this text editor.
- It supports all the popular languages so that all types of developers can use Sublime Text.
- It is one of the best PHP development tools because it supports dynamic programming languages.
- Komodo is an excellent IDE with advanced features.
- Offers multiple integration and frameworks to developers.
- Komodo is available on multiple operating systems.
- And it supports various languages.
- It was built by the GitHub folks, and it’s free to use.
- Various plugins and packages help to enhance its functionality.
- You can turn it into an online PHP editor as per your need. It is because of its features like flexible, scalable, and customizable.
You must be aware of all these tools so that you can hire PHP developers from any company wisely. The tools listed in this blog are capable and effective thus developers can build a website easily and fastly. There are several other tools also available in the market.
Now, move ahead in the write-up to read some crucial FAQs. Here you go
What is the latest technology in website development?
Voice optimization is the latest technology for website development. It is based on Artificial intelligence. But this technology still needs to be explored more for maximum development.
Is PHP good for website development in 2022?
PHP is highly scalable, supports all the browsers, easy to learn, and most importantly, it is used by big companies like Facebook, Wikipedia, Tumblr, WordPress, Canva, and more. So, it will be a good programming language in 2022.
Which is the best tool for PHP web development?
The best tool choice depends on the requirements of the website. Here are some popular tools PHPStorm, CodeLobster, Netbeans, and Eclipse for efficient developers.
Is PHP dead?
No, it is not, because still, more than 75% of the total websites use it. PHP offers a convenient development process and supports several online and offline tools.
Which free IDE should I use for PHP?
It depends on the features you want on the website. Here are the 4 main free IDEs Netbeans, Eclipse PDT, Komodo, and CodeLite.
We hope you have got your answer in these FAQs.
Knowing about the top 10 PHP web development tools helps you to understand the basics of web building. And most importantly, you can hire the best website development company.The tools are coming almost every day, thus tracking them will keep you updated with the latest technology.
+91 8302 347 093
+1 (780) 800-5508
+1 (302) 467-2034
+91 8302 347 093
+1 (780) 800-5508
+1 (302) 467-2034