How to Develop On-Demand Delivery App like Lalamove or Lalamove Clone App?
Since technology has shown us how it can disrupt markets and create new Unicorns, we have seen a rise in numerous start-ups that have managed to reach unfathomable heights. Every service sector whether its financial services or hospitality have had to get their pace-up with the latest technologies in order to survive their competitors who by the way are also getting equipped with the latest tech. Here we’ll discuss Lalamove Clone App.
How does a Last-Minute Delivery App Work?
On-Demand Delivery Business Statistical Analysis:
- Lalamove generates an estimated 146.6 million USD annual revenue.
- Its estimated per employee revenue is 145, 000 USD.
- Lalamove has received a total funding of 462 million USD up till now.
- The company has around 1011 employees with an employment growth rate of 84%.
- It connects a whopping 15 million customers with its pool of 2 million drivers.
Benefits of an On-Demand Courier Delivery App like Lalamove or Lalamove Clone App:
On-Demand Delivery App Company Lalamove’s Business Model:
1. Request Delivery:
This is the basic step to avail of any on-demand service. The user enters their current location and courier’s delivery location and requests a delivery.
2. Make Payment:
Depending on the distance to be covered, the weight of the parcel, and the vehicle required to make the drop, the app calculates the total cost and asks the user to make the necessary payment using the various payment options provided within the app.
3. Driver Allocation:
Based on your location and the availability of nearby drivers, they allocate a driver to you. The driver will reach out to you, make the necessary transactions, and your parcel will be on its way to its destination.
4. Order Tracking:
Lalamove has the feature where you can track exactly where the driver is before and during an ongoing delivery. This helps the user know the whereabouts of its delivered item.
- Delivery Fee:
The delivery fee is the charge you pay that gets calculated based on the delivery parameters and the vehicle you choose for it.
- Convenience Fee:
The user has to pay a convenience charge on every delivery they request. But it should be noted that the driver gets to keep 85% of each order value and the platform earns the least commission in the game.
Lalamove’s Expansion Strategies:
- Lalamove made its way to the Indian Logistics market in February 2019. The company holds a strong belief that logistics is one of the most unorganized business industries.
- When examining the Indian logistic market, Lalamove observed that the driver fraternity of India was highly undervalued and the system presented many gaps that could be bridged through the advent of technology.
- Lalamove planned a perfect market fit to solve their problem, where drivers had to go through many adversities to earn their living. Their studies helped them confirm that logistics could be the largest of employments by 2022.
- Lalamove noticed that India had too many established logistics companies but none were motivated to make same-day or one-hour deliveries. And the few that did were not that well known all over the country. Hence, Lalamove put its invading India campaign into motion.
- Since February 2019, Lalamove has marked its presence in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Pune, Delhi, Chennai, and Mumbai. The driver fraternity in India is eventually acquainting themselves to use technology to earn their bread.
- The capital-light model of Lalamove allows them to expand at a rapid pace. Their USP lies in maintaining an efficient app that connects its drivers with its clients.
- The drivers that enroll also undergo a personal training session to learn the best customer engagement and retention practices.
- Lalamove’s niche is the urban crowd who seek rapid deliveries. Spotting its target crowd Lalamove has managed to capture numerous cities with more than 10, 000 registered drivers.
- The company was launched in Hong Kong in 2013 and currently operates in 352 cities in mainland China. It also provides its service in Taiwan, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, & Singapore.
- Since its launch, the company has grown in providing enterprise logistics, freight services, moving, and vehicle rental.
- Lalamove entered the US market in December 2013 and claims to have 480, 000 drivers and 7.2 million monthly users.
- At the start of 2020, the company experienced a 93% drop in shipment volume due to the COVID-19 crisis. But has observed an 82% year-over-year rebound in order volume.
- The company had announced its last funding round in February 2019. A time when they made the Unicorn list by grabbing their Series D funding of 300 million USD.
- Lalamove had announced its Series E funding round to enter the 4th & 5th tier Chinese cities. It managed to raise a whopping 515 million USD in the Series E funding round at an 8 billion USD valuation.
The funding was led by Sequoia Capital, China. It also received healthy participation from Shunwei Capital and Hillhouse Capital, all of them being returning investors. The company has received a total funding of 977 million USD up till now.
Capturing your Niche:
- Digital Marketing:
Consumers nowadays prefer educating themselves about the services they use. Digital marketing is the most conventional form of marketing. We promote businesses through ads, newsletters, blogs, and increase like through digital marketing.
- Offline Advertisements:
The offline advertisements make use of our media and make people aware of the upcoming services or products through catalogs, billboards, radio, television, magazines, brochures, and much more.
- Social Media Promotion:
As social media has become the go-to thing for almost everyone in their spare time, your business can get its required limelight on them. Apps like Instagram, Facebook, etc are perfect places for making the masses aware of a new service in town.
- Web Promotion:
Web promotion can be done in a myriad of ways but the foremost way that comes to mind is using a website. A website can offer all the detailed information about all your services and how to avail of them. Users can also learn a lot through FAQs or other forms of content like videos and blogs. Also having a dedicated website builds a higher level of trust among your potential users.
- Freemium App Versions:
Nobody likes to pay! At least not until your users get comfortable with your services and see what value your app adds to their lives. So, offering a freemium version of your app could boost up your consumer base. It also gives the users a chance to get acquainted with your services and help them learn what additional services can be availed of in the premium versions.
- Search Engine Optimization:
Search Engine Optimization makes sure your services are the first on the suggestion list on search engines when searched using related keywords. Though search engine optimization or SEO is an evident part of digital marketing, you must allocate dedicated resources to it from the start.
How to Develop Your own Lalamove Clone app or On-Demand Delivery App like Lalamove with us?
+1 (302) 319-9825