Cost To Make An On-demand Delivery App Like Glovo (Food Delivery App)
What is Glovo Food Delivery App?
History & Current Stats
How does Glovo Food Delivery/Courier Delivery App Work?
- The couriers that deliver your goods are independent professionals that connect with the platform and are motivated to help you complete your task as smoothly and effectively as possible.
- First, you sign-up by providing your details like payment integration, address, and other personal details.
- After the sign-up process, Glovo offers you 3 options.
- You can buy anything choosing from the partners and stores that are associated with Glovo.
- The second option is to send something. To avail of this facility, one has to enter the pick-up location and destination. You can send anything via courier.
- The third and most distinctive feature that Glovo offers as opposed to other on-demand delivery apps is “Ask for something (Anything)”. Using this you can describe anything and Glovo will deliver it to you in minutes.
How much does the delivery cost?
- The delivery cost for availing of any service is calculated based on the distance of that particular store from your delivery address. In simple terms, the delivery cost is directly proportional to the distance.
- For the “Courier” and “Anything” orders, the app offers the total delivery cost once it calculates the distance between the start-up point and the destination.
- Especially for “Anything” orders, you’ll learn the delivery cost once the courier has bought the item you ordered.
- While ordering or sending anything from the registered partners, you’ll have to see the delivery price beforehand. The cost can vary for different partners depending on the platform’s agreement with that particular store.
- On certain occasions, when there is a fluctuation in the price for your ordered item, the driver would buy the item if the difference is less than 30%. If not the courier will call you to seek your permission.
Glovo’s Business Model
- The primary source of Glovo’s revenue generation is its Commission-based model. Glovo procures 70 – 75 % of its revenue from the same. As Glovo charged commissions from hundreds of cities they provide their services in, it became their primary revenue model.
- This model makes the platform more affordable for the targeted niche.
- The platform delivers anything tangible. Yet around 80% or 3/4th of their orders are food delivery orders. The remaining 20% or 1/4th are the orders that consist of groceries, flowers, pharmacy, and much more.
What to Consider while Developing a Courier Delivery App like Glovo?
1. Business Model & Project Strategy
Choosing your business model is the building block towards creating a successful app. Selecting a business model is a task that would require a lot of research and analysis. One has to learn the expectations of their niche and inculcate features encapsulating their needs.
Another crucial task would be identifying their competitors and ways in which their model can disrupt the existing competition. Another major requirement is recognizing the tools and resources required to build an effective app.
2. Prototype Testing
Designing an app is an art in itself. To learn the basics of designing an app you can learn new insights from our blog ‘Impact of influential UI/UX in improving your App Interactions’.
Your brand’s strategy should be in congruence with your design. One must experiment with myriad app mockups and prototypes to learn how their app performs when used for longer durations. Your app will be a representation of what your company is. Deciding color schemes, fonts, content, app flow, etc., are some things that require expertise.
The appeal that a well-designed UI/UX creates is euphoric. It holds the power to create or destroy your app’s impression from the first use itself.
3. Landing Page
A landing page is really useful for performing many supporting functions. It can make the users aware of the services you’re going to provide once your app is ready for launch. A landing page creates a feeling of curiosity. It’s like an exciting trailer to your favorite superhero movie. It’s a platform to reveal your brand’s story, provide answers to the FAQs circling the user’s minds.
4. Promotional Strategies
Social Media, Content, and standard SEO practices are the 3 areas that can help you reach the masses. Since we don’t live in the 80s anymore it has become really easy to reach people if one knows the right practices. It can increase your app’s visibility and ranking even before it’s launched. With around 2.5 million apps on the Google app store, the users must learn that an app like yours exists.
5. Customize Your App as Per the Region
Your app should be customizable as per the changing geography. For example, you should offer local favorite cuisines, payment methods, and other relevant content as per the country you’re targeting.
Top Features for On-Demand Courier delivery app development
- Restaurant or Store Partners
- Easy sign-in/sign-up
- Communication Panel
- Location tracking
- Secure payment Gateways
- User Profile
Restaurant & Store Partners
- Sign-in/ Sign-up
- Cross-Interface Communication (With Client & Driver)
- Order Management
- Tracking Options
- Customer Relationship Management
- Manage orders
- Status update
- Live to track
- Driver profile
- Account settings
- Add &/or Remove Restaurant partners/ Stores &/or Drivers
- Manage Restaurant & Store Partners / Drivers
- Communication Panel (With Drivers, Restaurant & Store Partners & Customers)
- Account settings
How to go about building an on-demand delivery app like Glovo or courier delivery app development?
App development process & cost to make an on-demand delivery app like Glovo
Note: We do not make clones of any exact application, Glovo like app means to us is how better we can execute your app idea with existing app features and experience.
+1 (302) 319-9825