7 Best Backend Frameworks for Web App Development in 2022
Proper communication and analysis of what customers want are possible with a website. It is because people look for every answer on a website. These days, webs apps are becoming popular and the best backend frameworks play a crucial role in their development. Web app building is a process and needs some professionals.
In which back-end developers are very important. They use frameworks to work on the server-side of the website. The best framework they choose after understanding the requirements of the clients. Moreover, the frameworks make the development process easy for the developers. The best web app development company uses suitable back-end frameworks to offer a feature-rich and robust solution.
If you are thinking about what is a framework, have a look at the below write-up to know the answer.
What Is a Framework?
A framework is a readymade library or component. Through which developers can reduce the development time and build a full-fledged website or app effectively. Sometimes back, when frameworks were not prevalent, the developers have to write code even for small features and functions. Often, they have to follow the long process to complete a short task and write repetitive codes. Since the advent of frameworks, the development process is fastened.
Moreover, the developers can have time to build logic as per new features because they have readymade libraries for repetitive work. So, this is all about the framework. You can select the most famous backend development framework according to the type of web app.
A team of developers works to complete a webs app. In which designers, developers, and QAs play an important role. You must be aware of the difference between front-end, back-end, and full-stack developers. It is because the developers choose frameworks according to their work in web app development.
Types of Development
There are mainly two types of development. The UI and UX designs of a web app are important because users interact with them first and the most. Moreover, server-side development is crucial for functions and databases in the web app. You can decide on the top backend frameworks 2022 for your project if you are clear about the types of development.
- Front-end: As the name implies, this type of development includes UI and UX designs. This type of development is also addressed client-side development.
- Back-end: The back-end developers work on the server-side of the web app. The developers should know programming languages and the best back-end framework database. In this write-up, you will get to know about the most used back-end frameworks by skilled developers. It is because back-end frameworks have great importance in the development process.
Importance of Back-end Development
Back-end frameworks help the developers who work on the server-side of the web app. They make the development process convenient and easy for the developers. Likewise, automate the output associated with the software development functions. Have a look at some benefits of using frameworks.
- Easy integrations
So, these were the reasons why the developers use frameworks. Moreover, they are helpful in the development of all types of apps.
If you are thinking about which would be the best backend framework 2022 for your project, don’t worry. The developers of Technource present you with the top backend frameworks below.
7 Important Back-end frameworks for Web App Development
Developers use various types of frameworks. It depends on the projects they are dealing with. So, we looked for the most used backend frameworks for you. Have look at the list.
- Ruby on Rails
These are the most popular ones also. Let’s read about them one by one below.
1. Express :
Express is also called Express js and it’s a standard Node.js server framework. Likewise, it’s an open-source framework and helpful to build APIs and web applications. Express is a component of the MEAN and MERN stack. Many developers use it for easy debugging and more.
Key Features of Express
- Fast server-side programming is possible in Express because the developers don’t have to use heavy or voluminous code. The developers build web apps faster with Express and Node js.
- The developers can identify the causes of bugs in the application with the help of Express.
- The express framework provides a more sophisticated routing mechanism that helps to handle dynamic URLs.
Advantages of Express
- The back-end developers can implement the code effectively using the Express framework. It leads to the high performance of the web app.
Moreover, the developers choose Express due to its easy learning curve and development is possible in a short time.
2. Laravel :
This back-end framework is open source and the programming language is PHP. Deltanet travel, neighborhood lander, and MyRank used Laravel. The developers in a Laravel development company can create Symfony-based web applications.
Key Features of Laravel
- Laravel offers MVC support that is helpful for better performance. In addition, enhances scalability and security.
- The Laravel developers can construct database queries with the help of PHP syntax. And for this, they don’t have to write SQL code.
- Laravel is the best back-end framework because it provides robust security to web apps.
Advantages of Laravel
- Due to the simple API of Laravel, it’s easy to work with Swiftmailer Library. Laravel offers Mandrill, SMTP, SparkPost, and Amazon SES.
- Implementation of authentication in the Laravel is a simple process because of easy configuration. Moreover, the easy control for the access of resources attracts developers to this framework.
- The pre-configured exception and error handling make the development task easy for the developers.
3. Ruby on Rails :
If you are searching what is the most popular backend framework, Ruby on Rails can be the end of your search. This framework uses the Ruby programming language. Shopify, GitHub, and Gendesk use Ruby on Rails.
Key Features of Ruby on Rails
- Ruby on Rails back-end framework uses MVC architecture for web application development. It separates codes according to their functions.
- The developers can use the Unit testing setup easily with Rspec in Ruby. The separate calls make the testing convenient.
- Ruby on Rails uses the library Active Record. It enables the back-end developers to perform database interaction query design with ease.
Advantages of Ruby on Rails
- Ruby on Rails is offered under MIT license and it’s an open-source framework. So, this is a cost-effective option for the developers.
- It provides scalability to users. And due to a great deal of scalability, it comes under the top 10 back-end languages.
- Bug-free software development is crucial and developers can achieve it easily with Ruby on Rails.
- The readymade plugins and modules help the developers to build web apps fast
4. Django :
Django is the most used back-end framework and is based on the Python programming language. Moreover, it is an open-source backend framework and follows the Model View Controller architecture pattern.
Key Features of Django
- It’s a free back-end framework and uses Python programming language. Django is easy to learn and reliable.
- Django includes ORM, Middleware support, and HTTP libraries. Moreover, for Python unit testing, it uses its own web server.
- Django has easy to use admin panel which is more useful than Yii and Laravel.
Advantages of Django
- Django is a fast framework because of the low learning curve and as a result, helps the developers to build web apps fast.
- It is feature-rich and helpful in the development of content administration, sitemaps, authentication, and more.
- It is the best choice for the development of a wide array of application types. Also helpful in content management systems and networking applications.
5. Codeigniter :
It is a full-fledged MVC framework and is helpful for back-end development. You can get the best Codeigniter web development services from Technource. And hire Codeigniter developers within your budget.
Key Features of Codeigniter
- MVC in Codeigniter separates the logic and presentation parts. The controller handles the request, the model is for database actions, and the last but not least view is to show the result.
- It generates SEO-based URLs and allows a segment-based approach. Likewise, helps in clean web app development.
- Codeigniter is lightweight because it has small libraries and as per need, you can add libraries to it.
Advantages of Codeigniter
- Easy bug and error handling in Codeigniter makes it the most famous back-end development framework.
- The developers can build customized websites using Codeigniter. Likewise, the instant error-fixing and configuring the flies in a simplified form make it is the best choice of developers.
- Codeigniter allows test-driven development that helps the professionals to create a clean website.
6. CakePHP :
Our CakePHP web development company ensures successful web apps for clients. As the name implies, it uses PHP language and is available free. It allows front-controller, model-view-controller, data mapping, and convention over configuration.
Key Features of CakePHP
- Easy database interaction helps the developers to manage data effectively.
- Friendly community and flexible licensing help the users.
- The built-in validation makes the code validated with a simple process.
Advantages of CakePHP
- PHP has feature-rich ORM that is helpful to convert data for an incompatible system.
- It allows code reusability for multiple projects and proves effective for timely web app development.
- The developers can use CRUD functionality in CakePHP to create, read, update, delete actions in an application. Likewise, it is easy for developers to create and delete entities.
7. Flask :
It is a micro web framework and uses Python programming language. Moreover, it doesn’t require a particular class and libraries. That is why developers call it microframework. Python APIs allow the creation of web applications properly.
Key Features of Flask
- WSGI assistance and templating in Flask allow compatible web applications and Jinjia2 for building applications.
- It’s a lightweight framework and allows rapid development and deployment of web applications.
- Flask has a RESTful extension that helps in the minimal setup to create REST APIs. Also helpful to remove HTTP boilerplate code.
Advantages of Flask
- The developers can use different URL arguments, in-built dynamic URL parameters, HTML attributes, and templates to boost the web apps.
- You can build scalable and robust web apps with Flask because it can process many requests simultaneously.
- Flask is flexible and allows the quick implementation of new technologies.
These are some of the important and most used back-end frameworks. Now you can understand what is the best backend framework for your web app. But the most important thing that we didn’t discuss yet is the cost to develop a web app. Scroll down to know about it.
Also Read: Native, Hybrid, web app: which is better?
How Much Does It Cost to Develop a Web App?
Web app development cost depends on several factors, but, being a top web development company we can give you an idea about the cost. It runs somewhere from $20,000-$55,000. If you want to outsource the developers it can save you a big piece of your budget.
Likewise, if you think you don’t need to outsource the developers, you can hire web app developers on an hourly basis. So, the cost depends on many factors.
Fast and flawless development contributes to the success of a web app. For this, frameworks play a crucial role. So, we listed the best back-end frameworks in the blog. Technource has skilled developers who have used various frameworks in many projects. You can discuss your business idea and get a well-developed web application within your budget from our experienced developers.
Important Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the most popular back-end framework?
What are the 10 best development frameworks?
How much does a back-end developer charge?
Can I choose a back-end framework for my project?
What is a back-end development framework?