7 Best Backend Frameworks for Web App Development in 2023
Proper communication and analysis of what customers want is possible with a website. It is because people look for every answer on websites. These days, web apps are becoming popular and the most popular backend frameworks play a crucial role in their development. Web app building is a process and needs some professionals who can use the right backend framework.
In which back-end developers are very important. They use frameworks to work on the server side of the website. They choose the best framework after understanding the requirements of the clients and create web applications. Moreover, the frameworks make the development process easy for the developers.
The best web app development company uses suitable back-end frameworks to offer a feature-rich and robust solution. If you are thinking about what is a framework, and how it helps to develop web applications, have a look at the below write-up to know the answer.
What Is a Framework?
A framework is a readymade library or component. Through this developers can reduce the development time and build a full-fledged website or modern web applications effectively.
Sometimes back, when web frameworks were not prevalent, the developers have to write code even for small features and functions. Now, frameworks for web development have eliminated many repetitive tasks for developers.
Often, they had to follow a long process to complete a short task and write repetitive codes. Since the advent of the backend framework, the development process is fastened. Both frontend and backend frameworks are important for robust web applications.
Moreover, the developers can find time to build logic for building web applications as per new features because they have readymade libraries for repetitive work. So, this is all about the framework.
You can select the most famous backend development framework according to the type of web app. The backend framework has made the process of developing web applications far easy.
A team of developers works to complete a web app. In which designers, developers, and QAs play an important role. You must be aware of the difference between front-end, back-end, and full-stack developers. It is because the developers choose frameworks according to their work in web app development.
Types of Development
There are mainly two types of development. The UI and UX designs of a web app are important because users interact with them first and the most. Moreover, server-side development is crucial for functions and databases in the web app.
You can decide on the top backend frameworks 2023 for your project if you are clear about the types of development. It is important for selecting the right frameworks for web development.
- Front-end: As the name implies, this type of development includes UI and UX designs. This type of development is also addressed as client-side development and focuses on the user interface.
- Back-end: In this write-up, you will get to know about the most used back-end frameworks by skilled developers. It is because back-end frameworks have great importance in building interactive web applications.The back-end developers work on the server side of the web app. The developers should know programming languages and the best back-end framework database.
Importance of Back-end Development
Popular backend frameworks help developers who work on the server side of the web app. They make the development process convenient and easy for the developers. Likewise, automate the output associated with the software development functions. Powerful web applications using frameworks offer various benefits. They are as follows.
- Easy integrations
So, these were the reasons why the developers use frameworks. Moreover, they are helpful in the development of all types of apps. The right backend framework helps to build dynamic web applications in a short time.
If you are thinking about which would be the best backend framework 2023 for your project, don’t worry. The developers of Technource present you with the top backend frameworks below.
7 Important Back-end frameworks for Web App Development
Developers use various types of frameworks. It depends on the projects they are dealing with. So, we looked for the most used backend frameworks for you. Have look at the list.
- Ruby on Rails
These are the most popular ones also. Let’s read about them one by one below.
1. Express :
Express is also called Express js and it’s a standard Node.js server framework. Likewise, it’s an open-source framework and helpful to build APIs and scalable web applications.
Express is a component of the MEAN and MERN stack. Many developers use it for easy debugging and more. It provides flexible middleware support.
Key Features of Express
- Fast server-side programming is possible in Express because the developers don’t have to use heavy or voluminous code. The developers build web apps faster with Express and Node js.
- The developers can identify the causes of bugs in the application with the help of Express.
- The express framework provides a more sophisticated routing mechanism that helps to handle dynamic URLs.
Advantages of Express
- The back-end developers can implement the code effectively using the Express framework. It leads to the high performance of the web app.
Moreover, the developers choose Express due to its easy learning curve and development is possible in a short time.
2. Laravel :
This back-end framework is open source and the programming language is PHP. Deltanet Travel, neighborhood lander, and MyRank used Laravel. It has built in authentication system. The developers in a Laravel development company can create Symfony-based web applications. They provide you with secure web applications.
Key Features of Laravel
- Laravel offers MVC support that is helpful for better performance. In addition, enhances scalability and security.
- The Laravel developers can construct database queries with the help of PHP syntax. And for this, they don’t have to write SQL code.
- Laravel is the best back-end framework because it provides robust security to web apps.
Advantages of Laravel
- Due to the simple API of Laravel, it’s easy to work with Swiftmailer Library. Laravel offers Mandrill, SMTP, SparkPost, and Amazon SES.
- Implementation of authentication in Laravel is a simple process because of its easy configuration. Moreover, the easy control for the access of resources attracts developers to this framework.
- The pre-configured exception and error handling make the development task easy for the developers.
3. Ruby on Rails :
If you are searching what is the most popular backend framework, Ruby on Rails can be the end of your search. This framework is for server-side web applications and uses the Ruby programming language. Ruby on Rails has a large and active community.
It offers effective security features for server side web applications and prioritizes software engineering patterns. Shopify, GitHub, and Gendesk use Ruby on Rails.
Key Features of Ruby on Rails
- Ruby on Rails back-end framework uses MVC architecture for web application development. It separates codes according to their functions.
- The developers can use the Unit testing setup easily with Rspec in Ruby. The separate calls make the testing convenient.
- Ruby on Rails uses the library Active Record. It enables the back-end developers to perform database interaction query design with ease.
Advantages of Ruby on Rails
- Ruby on Rails is offered under an MIT license and it’s an open-source framework. So, this is a cost-effective option for the developers.
- It provides scalability to users. And due to a great deal of scalability, it comes under the top 10 back-end languages.
- Bug-free software development is crucial and developers can achieve it easily with Ruby on Rails.
- The readymade plugins and modules help the developers to build web apps fast
4. Django :
Django is the most used back-end framework and is based on the Python programming language. Moreover, it is an open-source backend framework and follows the Model View Controller architecture pattern to build web applications. It comes with features like database management.
Key Features of Django
- It’s a free back-end framework and uses Python programming language. Django is easy to learn and reliable.
- It provides the robust security features
- Django includes ORM, Middleware support, and HTTP libraries. Moreover, for Python unit testing, it uses its own web server.
- Django has easy to use admin panel which is more useful than Yii and Laravel.
Advantages of Django
- Django is a fast framework because of the low learning curve and as a result, helps the developers to build web apps fast.
- It is feature-rich and helpful in the development of content administration, sitemaps, authentication, and more.
- It is the best choice for the development of a wide array of application types. Also helpful in content management systems and networking applications.
5. Codeigniter :
It is a full-fledged MVC framework and is helpful for back-end development and frontend framework also. You can get the best Codeigniter web development services from Technource. And hire Codeigniter developers within your budget for scalable web applications.
Key Features of Codeigniter
- MVC in Codeigniter separates the logic and presentation parts. The controller handles the request, the model is for database actions, and last but not least, the view is to show the result.
- It generates SEO-based URLs and allows a segment-based approach. Likewise, helps in clean web app development.
- Codeigniter is lightweight because it has small libraries and as per need, you can add libraries to it.
Advantages of Codeigniter
- Easy bug and error handling in Codeigniter make it the most famous back-end development framework.
- The developers can build customized websites using Codeigniter. Likewise, the instant error-fixing and configuring of the flies in a simplified form make it the best choice for developers.
- Codeigniter allows test-driven development that helps professionals to create a clean website.
6. CakePHP :
Our CakePHP web development company ensures successful web apps for clients. As the name implies, it uses PHP language and is available free. It allows front-controller, model-view-controller, data mapping, and convention over configuration.
Key Features of CakePHP
- Easy database interaction helps the developers to manage data effectively.
- A friendly backend development community and flexible licensing help the users.
- The built-in validation makes the code validated with a simple process.
Advantages of CakePHP
- PHP has a feature-rich ORM that is helpful to convert data for an incompatible system.
- It allows code reusability for multiple projects and proves effective for timely web app development.
- The developers can use CRUD functionality in CakePHP to create, read, update, and delete actions in an application. Likewise, it is easy for developers to create and delete entities.
7. Flask :
It is a micro web framework and uses Python programming language. Moreover, this one of the best server side frameworks doesn’t require a particular class and libraries.
It doesn’t have a database abstraction layer. That is why developers call it microframework. Python APIs allow the creation of web applications properly. It has many advanced features.
Key Features of Flask
- WSGI assistance and templating in Flask allow compatible web applications and Jinjia2 for building applications.
- It’s a lightweight framework and allows rapid development and deployment of web applications.
- Flask has a RESTful extension that helps in the minimal setup to create REST APIs. Also helpful to remove HTTP boilerplate code.
Advantages of Flask
- The developers can use different URL arguments, in-built dynamic URL parameters, HTML attributes, and templates to boost the web apps.
- You can build scalable and robust web apps with Flask because it can process many requests simultaneously.
- Flask is flexible and allows the quick implementation of new technologies.
These are some of the important and most used back-end frameworks. There are some other web frameworks also like Next.js and Spring framework. Now you can understand what is the best backend framework for your web app. But the most important thing that we didn’t discuss yet is the cost to develop a web app. Scroll down to know about it.
Also Read: Native, Hybrid, web app: which is better?
How Much Does It Cost to Develop a Web App?
Web app development cost depends on several factors, but, being a top web development company we can give you an idea about the cost. It runs somewhere from $20,000-$55,000. If you want to outsource the developers it can save you a big piece of your budget.
Likewise, if you think you don’t need to outsource the developers, you can hire web app developers on an hourly basis. So, the cost depends on many factors. The Technoure team focuses on other backend frameworks also to find the best suitable one for your project.
Fast and flawless development contributes to the success of a web app. For this, popular frameworks play a crucial role. So, we listed the best back-end frameworks in the blog. Technource has skilled developers who have used various frameworks in many projects. You can discuss your business idea and get a well-developed web application within your budget from our experienced developers because they use the best suitable web application framework.
Important Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the most popular back-end framework?
What are the 10 best development frameworks?
How much does a back-end developer charge?
Can I choose a back-end framework for my project?
What is a back-end development framework?