15 Best Camera Apps for Android to Click Insta Pictures
Smartphone applications have come leaps and bounds in the last few years. As per the Smartinsights website, more than 59% of people use social media apps. And around 90% of young women reported using camera filter apps before uploading pictures on Instagram and similar social media platforms. So, today, you will get to know the best camera app for android.
You can own the best camera apps by just hiring a mobile app development company.
By providing the best filter apps to the users you can make money. But before you hire any developer, you must be aware of your competitors.
You should know which are the best camera apps, their features, and their functions. By the end of the blog, you will know the best filter camera apps and the cost to build a camera filter app.
15 Best Camera Apps for Android
Here is a list of some popular camera apps for Android. You can also know the photoshop camera price along with them. Let’s check out.
- Adobe Lightroom]
- Open Camera
- Camera FV-5 Lite
- Google Camera
- Adobe Photoshop Camera
- Candy Camera
- Filmic Pro
- HedgeCam 2
- Manual Camera
- Snap Camera HDR
- Stock Camera App
You can read about each app mentioned above in the detail.
This is an amazing photo editing app. If you use the app for the first time, you will have to spend time understanding its features. You can enhance color and exposure like Tune images, white balance, and details. It offers “non-destructive editing”. It means you can delete and modify any individual edit whenever you want.
There are many other features in this app. Have a look at them below.
- Improve composition
- Clean up the photos
- Skin smoothing
- Face spotlight
- Selective editing tools
Platform: Android and iOS
- Well-organized user interface
- Numerous professional-grade presets
- Tried and tested
- Able to edit raw files and raw images
- Supported by Google
- Steep learning curve. Not for beginners
- You need to be heedful to save your work
- Some features are not intuitive
2. Adobe Lightroom
Adobe Lightroom is one of the photo editing tools. It is an innovative image manipulation and organization software. This is one of the amazing tools for the android camera, and was developed by Adobe Inc. Adobe Lightroom makes your image look just right. Moreover, you can enhance your photography skills to new heights. Many people use this android camera app. However, it works on other platforms as well. Explore its features below.
- Add presets in a click for deep skin tones
- It makes an instant impact
- Control your colors
- Fine-tuned every detail
- Big keyword features like RAW support & HDR
Platform: Windows, macOS, iOS, Android
Price: Free trial / Photography $9.99/mo
- Access to millions of high-quality and royalty-free assets
- Shallow learning curve or quick to learn
- Collections and galleries for organization
- No destructive editing
- Allows minor image manipulations
- Provides limited editing options
- Lack of blend modes
- Minimal graphic design elements
- Requires more power to run the app
3. Open Camera
The Open Camera is a native camera app for Android. It has 50M+ downloads. You can power up your snaps with the help of the exceptional features of this open camera app. It offers some advanced features like burst mode, raw shooting modes, and manual focus. You can explore several menus to make tweaks. It can overwhelm you with additional options, that you don’t get in the pre-loaded camera app. It is a feature-packed camera app. Have a look at its features below.
- Auto level option to level the images perfectly
- Scene modes, color effects, white balance, and exposure compensation lock
- Selfie with screen flash
- Timer and auto-repeat mode with configurable delay
- Allows to take photos remotely with noise
- Offers complete control to the user
- Lets you control the JPEG compression quality of the images
- Provides three photos when you click pictures in HDR mode
- Customizable storage locations
- The interface is not as smooth as the other photo editor
- Photography experience can be better
- Lack of effective functioning of video recording
4. Camera FV-5 Lite
It is one of the best filter camera apps to upload stunning pictures on Instagram. You can use its powerful tools to capture pleasing pictures just the way you want to. The latest version of this camera app is the FV-5 Lite version. It can easily replace your built-in camera app. It is a free version and includes many features. Have a look at some of them in the space below.
- Full range of manual controls
- Offers shutter speed and focus modes
- Allows shoot in RAW
- Provides an on-screen Histogram
- Numerous interesting features
- Offers powerful tools to click photos
- Free of cost
- Lack the good performance
- Gets slow many times
5. Google Camera
Google camera is the best photo editing app for android free. It used the top mobile app development trends. The camera performance of the app is good. The Google camera price is low. You can use this official camera app by Google on an Android smartphone. It offers a small but effective set of features for the Android phone. It’s better than the default camera apps for mobile devices.
- Includes slow motion and lens blur mode
- Video stabilization and photospheres
- Smart burst mode
- HDR+ and super res zoom
- Allows photography in low light
- Offers pixel-like images on the existing smartphone
- HDR enhancement
- offers pretty images instantly
- Compatibility issues
- Now available only on Pixel devices
- Updates are required for more features
- Not as impressive as other android camera apps
6. Adobe Photoshop Camera
If you are planning to develop an editing app, you can inspire by the Adobe photoshop camera app. Initially, it was developed for macOS. But now it is available for android. And, now it has become the best camera app for android. It is completely free for a 7-day trial, so anyone can get acquainted with the app during this period. It enhances the features of AI technology. The next canvas of Adobe is based on AR technology. If you don’t know how to create an Augmented Reality application? check our blog on it.
Here are the features of the Adobe photoshop camera app.
- Suitable for different types of image formats
- Impressive color grading support
- Advanced layer management
- Supports animation layer, video recording, video clips
Platform: Android, iPhone, iPad
Price: 7-day free trial
- It can blend multiple files for textures, adding skies, head swapping, compositing, and more
- Contains tools for advanced re-touching to change the shape of reality
- Provides numerous editing options
- Offers multiple sharpening tools
- White balance for effective editing
- Lack the syncing ability
- Not intuitive to learn fast
- Sometimes editing is destructive
- Suitable for single image editing
7. Candy Camera
It is used to click beautiful selfies and enhance the picture with colorful filters. This is the best selfie filter app and includes an impressive camera interface. It offers beautifying filters that you can use to post stunning pictures on Instagram. Around 100 million people have downloaded this app to date. You can download this Instagram filter app from the Google play store. Here are the important features of the best camera app for a selfie.
- Offers hundred real effects
- Check the effects before clicking the picture
- Several beautification features
- Add stickers, frames, and lights
Platform: Android and iOS
- Provides multiple filters and effects
- Has many editing options
- Makes the clicks interesting
- Contains silent mode
- Video capturing capabilities are missing
- Limited editing tools in the free version
8. Filmic Pro
As the name implies, it enables filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, and many others to shoot in the LOG gamma curve. This camera app helps to make effective solutions with the use of various features. It includes specific manual controls. It has a dual slider for focus and exposure. Moreover, it offers the white balance adjustment matrix and gamma curve control.
- Live RGB control
- Used in high-profile video projects
- Flexible in-app purchases
- Offers a range of cinematic film looks
Price: Free/ Paid versions
- Professional quality videos
- Renders three separate shooting modes: record, pause, and record function
- Chroma key, screen display options, and audio monitoring
- Social media apps options
- Some integral features require in-app purchases
- Require more power to run the app
- No post-shoot editing
9. HedgeCam 2
This is one of the best camera apps for android. It is similar to the native phone camera app. You get the manual controls for shooting videos. Moreover, you will feel like it’s your camera app while using it. You can give this open camera app a try. Use this one of the best android camera apps to enhance your pictures and post them on Insta. Here are some important features of the photo editor.
- HDR and DRO (Dynamic range optimization)
- Photo modes and optimization elements
- Turn off the shutter sound
- Impressive image quality
Price: Free/ up to $10.99
- Free for Android users
- Supports face detection
- Installation is easy
- Little complex for the beginners
10. Manual Camera App
The manual camera app can enhance your experience with photo editing. It is a simple yet effective photo editor. Many people use it for slow-motion videos, so as you if your phone supports it. The manual Camera app provides a variety of shooting modes such as burst shots and 4K video recording. Have a look at my best picks for its features.
- White balance
- Shutter speed
- Support for RAW files
- HD camera pro grid view
- It supports RAW files
- Exposure to many effective features
- No updates since 2020
- Post-processing is not as impressive as the stock camera app
It is a feature-rich, all-in-one camera app. You have a memorable photo and video editing experience with Pixtica. With decent processing, you can make your photos imposing. It offers a basic Gallery for its users to manage their photos. It is built for photography enthusiasts, creative minds, and filmmakers. In addition, it has a wide range of features. Let’s catch on to some of them in the space below.
- Numerous creative tools
- Provides manual controls and exposure controls
- GIF recorder
- Slow motion video mode
Price: Free / $3.99 per year
- Free app
- Clear smartphone photos
- RAW file support
- Require subscription to use advanced features
- Limited capabilities to access full frame
VSCO is a photo editor combo with powerful features to add filters to the photo. Although it is not as powerful as your native camera app, it is quite simple to use. You can find a variety of features in this one of the best camera apps. The most interesting part of this app is that it can emulate a host of other cameras. You can know more about the features below.
- Responsive for most devices
- Numerous filters and effects
- Presets to increase the creativity
- Improve pictures using many options
Price: Free with in-app purchases / $19.99 per year
- Variety of choices to edit photos
- You can share pictures on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others
- It is ahead of the curve to face less competition
- The app is quite expensive
- Not compatible with web or desktop versions
13. Snap Camera HDR
New features are added all the time to the Snap Camera HDR. You can take pictures and record videos with a single click. It is simple to use so you can come up with a beautiful photo in a few seconds. Likewise, it offers support for manual camera controls. You can also find some fun shooting modes in the Snap Camera HDR. It includes the point-and-shoot camera feature. It offers many other features as well. Have a look at them below.
- Supports manual camera controls
- RAW file support
- HDR and options for file size.
- 4K video recording
Price: Free/ $1.99
- Powered by Slant community
- Loaded with features to edit photos and videos
- No bells and whistles only crucial features
- Easy to use interface of the app
- Instant recording button
- Timely updates on the app
- It doesn’t the users to choose where to save photos. It makes sub-folders on its own to save the photos.
This is the best camera app for android. And around 100k people downloaded it. People can take adorable group selfies with the She ayCheese app. Capture the moments whether you are on a road trip or having dinner with your family. Cherish the beautiful memories using this app using its editing features the pictures. Check out some of the interesting features of the SayCheese app for Android.
- Provides the best filters for the group photo
- Offers portrait mode and landscape mode
- Listen button enables speech recognition
- Multiple pictures can be taken
Price: Free /Up to $13.99
- No need to ask someone to click a picture
- SayCheese to click the picture, no need for the timer
- The best app for group pictures.
- Does not allow zoom and filer
- Video recording doesn’t work properly
15. Stock Camera App
The stock camera app is the app on your phone. This app is also built that people like and use to click pictures. It is the main app and the others I discussed above are used to enhance the pictures. Many devices provide the preinstalled camera app with effective features so that the customers don’t have to use the third-party camera app.
- You can download extras that you hardly get from the third party
- Better than third-party apps in performance
- Closer to reality
Platform: Android and iOS
- It is in-built, so no need to download
- The performance is better
- Lacks a few extra features
- Allows you to be creative
How Much Does It Cost to Build the Best Camera App for Android?
You have read above that different types of features are used in camera apps. Developers have to use different technologies to integrate such features into the app. The best features make your app effective and interactive. However, the requirements for the features affect the cost of the app development. A simple camera app with some standard features can cost you around $5000-$20,000.
There are many benefits of custom application development thus, businesses want the developers to consider their requirements and business model while creating an app. For cutting-edge application development, emerging technologies play a crucial role.
Augmented reality enhances your pictures. Furthermore, Artificial intelligence makes it possible for you to click pictures without anyone’s help. This type of app has more chances to get popular among the masses than simple ones. It is better than the phone’s stock camera app.
However, the price for the development of such an app is high. The cost of the camera filter app rich with advanced features is around $20,000-$70,000. If you want to know how to create an app from scratch? look over this blog.
In addition, designing the camera app is also crucial. If it is not impressive you can get more users to the app. The cost to design a mobile app is around $2000-10,000. In the same way, $20-$50/ per is the cost of developers for building applications.
On social media apps, millions of people upload videos and pictures. They are beautiful and enhanced with real-life things. The best camera allows people to take snaps, selfies, and group photos with ease and effectiveness. You can generate revenue by developing camera apps for people. Technource has more than 10 years of app development experience. Moreover, it has efficient developers who can incorporate features like portrait mode, slow shutter, camera zoom fx, and others.
+1 (302) 319-9825